A spirit, too, needs fuel or else it can run dry.Ayn Rand
The quality or state of being healthy in body and mind, especially as the result of a deliberate effort, is what we mean by wellness. I believe in the midst of our jam-packed schedule, we should take out time for ourselves. Make it a habit to pamper yourself and fill your mind, body, and soul with fresh and rejuvenating energy.
Just like you think it’s important to clean your house, clean your shoes, or say your fridge in a regular interval of time. I say why not get into the habit of cleansing the inside of us just like we clean what surrounds us?
Taking into consideration the – Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual Wellness every human being should consciously, self-directedly adapt to achieve full potential.
Here are a few simple routines that you can indulge in for some quality time your inner self has been asking for. I personally vouch for each of these routines. Hope you will find them insightful as well 😊
Wellness Routine for the Mind :
In order to begin the route to emotional wellness, you must always remember to be optimistic. Optimism allows you to greet all emotions—both positive and negative—with a confident attitude that allows you to learn from your mistakes. Once you have mastered emotional wellness, you will experience life a little differently. Your life will be more balanced and you will develop a deep sense of awareness. Below are some strategies for you to practice in order to boost your emotional wellness.
- Allows yourself to accept how you are feeling. Once you accept your feelings, you can begin to understand why you are feeling that way and decide how you would like to act in response to those feelings.
- Employ gratitude to your life in order to strengthen relationships with family and friends. Gratitude grants you the power to express feelings without any constraints.
- Get in the habit of being positive 24*7
- Increase self-awareness. This can be done through 10 mins meditation.
- Mistakes are important. Understand that! Don’t stop doing them, just learn from them for better results next time.
- The ability to learn something and grow from everything encourages autonomy and proper decision-making skills.
- Balance your other two dimensions of wellness as well.
Wellness Routine for the Body :
Understanding the relationship between your body’s physical health and mental health is crucial in order to develop balanced physical wellness. When you take the route to physical wellness you will learn to understand how your body performs physically and be able to connect it to how you feel mentally. Physical wellness encourages the principles of good health and knowledge, which affect behavior patterns that lead to a healthy lifestyle. Below are a few suggestions for you to practice to maintain an optimal level of physical wellness.
- Filling yourself with a variety of nutrients and vitamins will not only help prevent illness but will also keep your body functioning at its best.
- Find healthy eating resources on availability and start with focusing on 2 benefits you need the most.
- Having optimal levels of physical activity and maintaining proper nutrition is key to improving your overall emotional wellness. Not only will you sharpen your thinking and learning abilities, but you will also enhance your sense of self-esteem and self-control.
- Engage in physical activity every day for 30 minutes. You may break up your daily 30 minutes into 10 minutes bouts.
- Learn to recognize warning signs when your body begins feeling ill.
- Eat a variety of healthy foods and control your meal portions.
- Maintain a regular sleep schedule and get between 7-9 hours of sleep each night.
- Practice safe sex.
- Here are a few suggestions for you to practice to maintain an optimal level of physical wellness.
Wellness Routine for the Soul :
The route to spiritual wellness is something you must learn to master on your own. Spiritual wellness strongly emphasizes the importance of building inner resources and inner thoughts in order to give meaning to experience. It is also important to know that spiritual wellness does not mandate you to pick up a religious practice. However, religion may be one route you may take to boost your spiritual wellness. Below are some recommendations for you to practice in order to maintain an optimal level of spiritual wellness.
- Allow yourself to appreciate your life experiences for what they are.
- Grant a balance by maintaining harmony with your inner self and the outside world.
- If you experience a life-changing event, take a few minutes to think about what series of events led to this.
- Practice acceptance. Practice patience.
- Be curious. If something happens that makes you even the slightest bit curious, take a moment to explore the experience a little deeper.
- Have a hobby. It gifts you, perspective!
- Always be in present.
- Work on the future, rather just think.
- Listen to your favorite music. It keeps the soul happy.